Thursday, March 10, 2016

SNEAK PEEK 2016 Seed List

Edenbrothers
 With the arrival of spring just days away we are that much closer to the lushness of a new growing season. The spring crocus are up and the greening of stems on my rose bushes is proof that energy is surging up through the thawing earth. We are still in warm-up mode in New England which means we are about 6- 8 weeks away from sowing seeds for summer blooms. Yahoo!

2015 mid-summer dahlias and zinnias.
With the addition of several more raised beds to our backyard flower farm I'm feeling excited about expanding my flower inventory this year. I'm entering into my fifth year of growing cut flowers and I'm excited to branch out and try some new varieties.  I order seeds from a variety of sources each year because I like to know who's seeds have a high germination rate. I'm new to Johnny's Selected Seeds and Edenbrother's, but I've heard glowing reports from other growers so I'm feeling confident in my choices. If mother nature cooperates, I'll be golden! 



 Here's the rundown, the lowdown, the skinny, the scoop, the sneak peek for the 
2016 Dandelion House Flower Farm season.

FLOWERS ( SEEDS)
  • Ammi DARA 
  • Ammi GREEN MIST
  • Aster APRICOT
  • Aster WHITE
  • Aster MIX 
  • Cleome MIX ( hassleriana)
  • Cosmos VERSAILLES MIX
  • Gomphrena QUIS ORANGE
  • Phlox CHERRY CARAMEL
  • Sunflower BUTTERCREAM F1
  • Zinnia CORAL-GIANT DAHLIA FLOWERED
  • Zinnia BENARY'S GIANT WINE
  • Zinnia BENARY'S GIANT MIX
  • Zinnia BENARY'S GIANT SALMON ROSE
  • Zinnia  UPROAR ROSE FI
  •  
     
     FILLERS
  • Amaranth CORAL FOUNTAIN
  • Amaranth LOVE-LIES-BLEEDING
  • Amaranth EMERALD TASSELS
  • Basil AROMATTO
  • Celosia PAMPAS PLUME
  • Celosia RUBY PARFAIT
  • Celosia SYLPHID
  • Gypsophila COVENT GARDEN MARKET

  Friendship Bouquet ( 2015)
 I'll be adding annual plugs such as coleus, dusty miller, snapdragons and no doubt some surprises I've yet to discover! Next time, my dahlia and mums list for 2016!

I hope you're feeling the growing anticipation of the arrival spring and feeling inspired to plant the garden of your dreams! 
Tell me what you are planting for the first time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...