Thursday, April 2, 2015

Fun With Chicken Feathers

 

While doing some sprucing up for spring this weekend, I came across a collection of chicken feathers I've saved from our little flock. We've kept several different breeds over the years. I just love studying the different colors and patterns of chicken feathers!   



Can you guess what some of them were by looking at the photo above?

Nature is the ultimate designer when it comes to color, form and pattern. Artists enjoy working with chicken feathers as a medium too! I'm sure you've seen some of the beautiful artwork and jewelery being created today inspired by our feathered friends. 


I simply wanted to enjoy my little collection of chicken feathers so I arranged them in an antique creamer and placed them on my buffet in our kitchen where I can see them everyday.
It makes me smile to look at them and reminds me of the old adage, 
" Some Days Chickens, Some Days Feathers."
The top photo is a little sedum plant that was given to me by a fellow chicken keeper and friend. She tucked a feather into the pot for an added touch of whimsy and after the long winter we've had that's just what this girl needed! 

Do you collect feathers from your flock too? 
What do you like to do with them?

I'm sharing this post on the Simple Saturdays Blog Hop!
 Check it out for more great posts on simple lessons in Self Reliance


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...