Friday, June 13, 2014

Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop # 161 & My Tiny Harvest


 Welcome back farmgirl friends and happy Farmgirl Friday. I'm so glad you are here to share what's doin' on your family farms and homesteads. June is an exciting time for us farmgirls isn't it?
Things are finally starting to bloom and most of our seeds and seedlings are in! This week one of my peonies came into bloom and the fragrance is just intoxicating. I've got three bouquet's in my kitchen/dining room area and I'm in heaven with the shear beauty and scent of these lovely old fashioned blooms. As I cut a bucket full to make bouquets I couldn't help but feel over joyed at the beauty of these blooms. After all, they are only here for such a short time!

Just like the ripe strawberries I picked from the garden too! Heck, I didn't even plant these little puppies. I'm pretty the previous owners planted them in a little bed at one time. When we expanded that same garden area I just left them there to see what would happen. They continue to spread and thrive. I wish I knew what variety they are.

Last year we got one tiny bowl of berries and the birds got the rest. This year the bounty was a little bigger and I think we'll get one more bowl full before our strawberry harvest season is over.


These didn't last long. I washed them and we at them as soon as I brought them in. No cooking, canning, or storing with such a tiny harvest. Just mouthwatering pleasure and instant farmgirl gratification! It's not the size of your plot or pot that makes your homestead " successful". When you appreciate every little growing thing you plant and care for you'll be blessed with bountiful rewards with the tiniest of harvests. 

Lastly, I got my herbs and veggies planted in my raised beds yesterday under a very cloudy sky. Today, it's raining down on them! 


It's hard to believe in a few short weeks it will look like this again! 

What are you feeling especially happy about on your homesteads this June? Are you having success and trying new things? How about any challenges?
Link up and share your gardens, home remedies, recipes, and homesteading wisdom with your favorite farmgirls! And be sure to stop by and see my co-hostess Debbie at Farmgirl Unleashed .
She's Busy as a Bee with her new bee hives! 
 Let's hope she's been able to get back to work on her Indiana farm, Big Sky Acres!


As always, we thank you for your participation in the Farmgirl Friday Blog Hop! 
 You don't have to live on a farm to join this hop!
 Farmgirl is a Condition of the Heart~ MaryJaneButters




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...