Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tasty Tuesday~ City Boy Hens Bread and Butter Pickles



Have you met Rick from City Boy Hens?  
Rick is a City Boy working on unleashing his inner farmboy and sharing his adventures through his blog City Boy Hens. I spent some time on his blog last week and I know you'll love visiting him too! Rick linked up with us last week on Farmgirl Friday and I wanted to give him a warm welcome!
  I love it when farmboy's  joins in to share!

It turns out that I am really a country boy who is trapped in a city boy’s body. It’s all now starting to make sense. I finally understand why I live on a ravine lot that is bordered with a split rail fence, why I made a living building reproduction furniture for 15 years, why my man cave resembles a pioneer homestead in the late 1800s, and why I choose to travel 264 km on a Friday night with wife, kids, dog and chickens in order to have a cup of coffee by “the lake” on a Saturday morning? 
~ Rick aka City Boy

 This weeks  featured Tasty Tuesday recipe City Boy Bread and Butter Pickles comes from from his homestead kitchen!
Go to City Boy Hens to read the story of how Bread and Butter Pickles got their name and take a gander at a mighty fine tutorial on how to whip up a batch for you and yorn!



Dip into The Farmgirl Friday Recipe Box when you're looking for an old fashioned favorite or a home- cooked meal made from scratch with love. You'll find recipes and tips from the best homestead kitchens. Canning, preserving, deserts, soups, stews and so much more! PLUS tips for stocking and organizing your pantry. 737 now following! 


 
Be sure to grab this button if you've been featured!

1 comment:

Junebug said...

I did the same thing last weekend. I also got lost in ready older posts of Rick. I found his blog really fun to read and I'm hooked on following him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...