Thursday, July 26, 2012

Farmgirl Friday # 68 and a Surprise FEATURED FARMGIRL


Welcome back one and all to your favorite farmgirl blog hop! The place where we round up the best of the best of farmgirl/guy talents from all over the world... Did you know we've had farmgirls link up from faraway lands such as Norway, Denmark, Australia, and England to share their can-do-it- iveness...!
This weeks mystery FEATURED FARMGIRL hails from the good old USA... She lives in Idaho, works on a farm as a B n B hand, a magazine stylist, writer and editor, party planner, creative crafter and last but not certainly least, she's momma to her two darling daughters and wife to her hubby Lucas.  Anyone want to take a guess about who our mystery farmgirl is? ............................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................whistling while I wait..............................................................................................................................................
Oh, alright. I'll tell you who she is!  Our FEATURED FARMGIRL IS sister # 2, the lovely and talented Megan Rae of MaryJanesFarm and MaryJanesButters daughter!  But, this isn't the usual ' virtual ' feature where we exchanged emails and photos... NOPE! Megan and I met ' IN THE FLESH for late afternoon Tea on Cape Cod this week where she and her family were visiting for a family reunion! Ya see, Megan and I have a common bond ( besides being in love with all things MaryJanesFarm) she's a beachgirl at heart too, having spent many special summer times as girl on Cape Cod with her Grandparents and now with her family and extended family.


Here we are just before we had to say goodbye after a long afternoon Tea at my favorite Tea Shop on the Cape... The Dunbar Tea Shop! Meg is just a cutie-pie inside and out! We had fun sharing all things family, BEACH and naturally a little MaryJanesFarm too! It was Meg who I ' kept in touch' with over a several month period about how I might possibly contribute to MJF one day. We dreamed up the MJF Beach Farmgirl Blog idea together and when the time came for them to add new bloggers I was on Megs list! 

I think I really pestered the heck out of her but she says I finessed my way in! See how nice she is!


Well, in between breaths we managed to eat too! We decided to try the Dunbar Tea Sampler with tea... Wanna little finger sandwich or some vanilla cake? The scones and jam were so yummy served with a dollop of whipped cream!


When our tea came we both filled our teacups to the brim making it hard not to bring attention to ourselves with all the giggling and trying not to spill, not to mention the slurping...Meg said, " oh well, we're farmgirls. "I said, " the Queen WOULD NOT be impressed. "


How do I feel about my sweet friend Meg and our ( all too short) tea time together? 


Okay... sniff, sniff... time for the hop!


Bring it on farmgirls!

Here are the rules for the Farmgirl/guy Blog Hop!

1.) Write a post about your farmgirl lifestyle and brag a little about your farmgirl talents while your at it! Share what being a farmgirl means to you. Include lots of photos of your farm, crafts, animals, quilts, home decor projects and thrifty make overs, your backyard garden, chicken coop, recipes, studio or workshop. You get the idea!


2). Leave your entry in the Mr. Linky space to your Farmgirl Friday post.


3). Please include the Farmgirl Friday button ( or link back here ) in your post and remember to share this hop with all of your blogging friends!
 
Thanks to all who enter each week and for everyone who visits! 
Have a great week! 




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have believed Meg to be a sweetheart through what I have seen and read about her in MJFarms. There is no doubt that I have got it right about her after reading this and finding out that she is the reason you blog for Mary Jane......yep, I knew I liked that girl:) This was so sweet, Deb.

Beth in NC said...

What a lovely post! You two look beautiful and I'm sure you had such an awesome time!

Have a truly blessed weekend!
Beth

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Wow Deb! Meg and you sure look lovely together. I am so glad the two of you brainstormed and developed the idea for the MJF Beach Farmgirl blog. We all look forward to reading it. I wish we could have all been there for that tea and the scones too. Love ya!

Heidi

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

You two are very beautiful! I know it was a wonderful time and thank you for sharing with us!

Robyn said...

Deborah, sounds like you had a wonderful tea and made a friend for life. What a great opportunity to meet face to face with a blogging friend!

Unknown said...

You can just feel your joy and pleasure in this post! I'm so happy for you and that you shared this special moment in time with us. SIGH.....this is what it's all about.

Lisa said...

What fun!! Friendships made and enjoyed over tea create wonderful memories, to be sure -- thanks for sharing your fun!

Chenille Cottage said...

How sweet it is to discover kindred spirits through our blogging adventures! I love your heartwarming framed quote...and, I, too, share the same sentiment. God gives us the most wonderful gifts...and, some of them are treasured friends!
Your blog is a delight...I am looking forward to visiting again and again!
Blessings,
Carolynn

Amber said...

I finally got the blog hop link to work!! Thank you for being patient..if you noticed it was missing on my last post :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...